Before Moving Day
- Inform your Vet you are moving and make sure you have all their shots updated and current medicine.
- You might ask your Vet if they know anyone to recommend where you are going.
- Flight arrangements need to be made in advance. You want to have nonstop flight for your pet. Most airlines require 30 day notice for pets travel.
- You want to walk around the neighborhood to determine the safe areas to walk your pet.
- You could also look for dog parks or doggy day cares for our pet.
- You want to tuck away electrical cords, all windows have secure screens, outdoor gates are secure and poisonous plants are removed.
- You do want to check with the Pest Control to make sure they did not leave any poison traps in the house.
- Pets should have their ID tags on their collars or pet microchip.
Moving with your pet deserves to be a special time for you and them to start a life in your new home.