- Family Meeting or Pizza Night with your kids to discuss the move and be opened to questions. Talk about change of schools or new activities.
- Planning or decorating their new room-photos of the new room. You can work on the theme or colors of their new room.
- Throw a Good Bye Slumber Party or See You Soon Party the week before you leave.
- Have a Scrapbook of memories, addresses, photos or notes. Memory Boxes are wonderful too.
- Personal Moving Box-They pack their favorite books, games, stuff animals, photo box, toothbrush etc. They decorate their box with their favorite stickers. The Box is the last to be loaded on the truck and the first unloaded.
- Research new activities such as hiking, rafting, museums, parks, pools and amusement parks in their new home area.
- Have grandparents or cousins visit the first week of the move in to help with the kids to adjust. You can join a church or organization.
Moving With Children Activities
Tagged under: moving with children
Loading Facebook Comments ...